Eyebrow Restoration Chicago
The eyebrow is an important part of facial symmetry and contributes to the aesthetic appearance of men and women. Eyebrows frame the eyes and are one of the first facial structures we look at as a society.
A person without natural appearing eyebrows is very conscious of their appearance. Transplantation surgery can often restore eyebrows to their natural youthful appearance.
Eyebrows lose their natural full appearance by:
- Congenital Causes
- Trauma-burns, auto accident, chemical or electrical burns
- Radiation or Chemotherapy
- Medical, Autoimmune, or Systemic Disease
- Obsessive Compulsive plucking referred to as Trichotillomania
- Normal Aging process
The eyebrow transplant procedure can be used to restore living and growing follicles into the eyebrow area. Eyebrow loss can occur in both men and women, and is most commonly due to injury, trauma, overplucking or aging. Under comfortable local anesthesia (using the FDA-appoved Ouchless Needle), scalp hair follicles are moved one-at-a-time into the eyebrow area. Artistic planning and meticulous angulation of each hair is critical to the naturalness of the final result. After several days of healing, the eyebrow skin returns to normal and the transplanted follicles are dormant. Hair will begin to appear first as stubble, starting approximately 6-12 weeks later growing longer and more dense as the weeks go by.
The final ‘result’ of an eyebrow transplant takes 8-10 months to grow in. The transplanted hairs will need to be routinely trimmed. NEW: Eyebrow transplants can now be performed with the no-scalpel/no-stitch harvesting technique called NeoGraft FUE for quicker and more comfortable recovery. Depending on the desired degree of coverage some patients typically require one or two procedures.
Sparse brows? No brows at all? Or maybe you just can’t achieve that dream shape? 3D Brows also called Eyebrow Embroidery or Microblading, is the answer for you!
- Process: The procedure utilizes a very small blade composed of several tiny needles to manually deposit ink into the skin.
- Timeline: During your visit you will sit for 30-45 minutes with numbing cream, then the process itself will take approximately 60 minutes. Once completed, we will book your mandatory touch up appointment for 4 weeks time.
- Ink: Deposited in a natural stroke pattern, it’s designed to mimic real brow hair. The color pigments are specifically designed to match natural brow colours, and are able to be adjusted at the second appointment.
- Mapping: To begin the process we map out the brow to find the most optimal shape for your face, thereby creating what ideally would have grown in naturally.
- Comfort: Clients are numbed for ultimate comfort.
- Longevity: 6-18 months
For more information, please contact the office at 773-904-8310